Wattakka Kalu Pol (Pumpkin Curry)
Wattakka Kalu Pol – Kalu pol we used as a Thickening and flavoring agent to the food.it bland with pumpkin well.you make cucumber,kakiri as well.this is a combination of rice and coconut fry in very slow fire.pumpkin you find every weir in sri lanka.and easy of cooking, pumpkin dishes give high value to sri Lankan ayurvedic cooking.
1 onion sliced
some garlic and ginger pest
1 green chili sliced
Rampe / Karapincha
250 Yellow pumpkin
Kalu pol Mixture ( rice and coconuts)
100 ml thick coconut milk
50 ml water
1/2 tsp fenugreek
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbs chili powder
1, 1/2 roasted curry powder
salt , pepper
- cut the pumpkin to to cubes,prepired all other Ingredients before.
- mean while make the kalupol mixture,(roasted grated coconut and roasted raw rice pound together to a smooth powder.
- add all Ingredients to the clay pot with pumpkin,mixed it well,add some water too.
- cook for few minutes,mean while mixed kalupol mixture with think coconut extract ,add to the curry .
- allow to cook for another few minutes,season with salt and pepper.