As you can see this is a very colorful dish. Another dish that is very popular among us all sri lankans. Beetroot Curry is prepared with a short period of time.
Tempered with cumin adds aroma and extra taste in the dish.
Hope you all enjoy.
Also known as Table Beet, Garden Beet & Red Beet is a popular vegetable in our country. I have used the Red Beet for my dish. This dish give a additional beauty to our rice & curry menu because of its colour. This could be prepared in many ways, and the deep red roots of Beetroot are eaten either grilled, boiled or roasted. This has a sweet taste as well. Hope you will all enjoy this beetroot curry.
Beetroot CurryCourse: Side DishCuisine: Sri LankanDifficulty: Easy
300 grams Beetroot
1 tablespoon oil
½ tsp mustard seeds
½ tsp fenugreek seeds
2 curry leaves
½ onion chopped fine
1 kocchi chilli
¼ tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp curry powder
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup water
- Peel the beetroot wash and cut the beetroot into small cubes and set aside.
- fry the mustered seed and frnugreek together for a sec….. add onion curry leaves and kocchi in to it.
- reduce the heat and add the chilli powder and curry powder too.
- add beet in to it..and add some water,
- bring it to boil & cook for 10 minutes.
- finally add the thick coconut milk and reduce fire,allow to simmer for a little while.
- add seasoning and take off from the fire