Red Chicken Curry (Sri Lankan Style)Course: Side DishDifficulty: Easy
We prepared Chicken Curry into a dark red almost black in color. Another famous dish in sri lanka. I have used roasted curry powder & chillie powder along with the world renowned spices Cardamon & Cloves. This brings a fantastic aroma with flavor in the curry. Best cooked in a clay pot on low fire with dry wood coals. Which yet in some part of our country this method of fire wood cooking exists.
I recommend curry chicken instead of broiler chicken & make sure you cook the chicken skinless. You don’t need to add any oil for cooking as the meat contains oil itself & sufficient for completing cooking.
Best served with red rice.
Enjoy Sri Lankan Chicken Curry!
250 g Chicken
1 onion sliced
1 clove of garlic
2 tsp chopped ginger
1 tsp sliced green chili
1/2 tsp traumatic powder
1 1/2 tsp Roasted curry powder
1 tsp Chili powder
some curry leaves
salt and pepper
some cloves, cardamon, cinnamon powder
- Ginger,garlic chopped together,curry leaves ,onion sliced side
- Heat some oil,add ginger,garlic,and spices ….saute for minute.
- add curry leaves.and mixed well.stir fry for a minute.
- add onion and temper till it get golden brown
- /2 tsp traumatic to be added.add salt as well,fallow with roasted curry powder
- finally add chili powder too..mixed well,cook for few minute in slow fire.add half a cup water ,cook for 5 minutes in normal fire
- allow to cook till chicken get cooked,served with Sri Lankan rice and curry